Saturday 24 March 2007

Computer Wars

Like most people I have a love/hate relationship with computers. I love what they can do - I can sit on a bench in my garden and write this blog for example - by why oh why don't they just WORK!

About 18 months ago I switched from using Windows to Apple, and it was the best thing I ever did. Initially I bought a G4 Powerbook laptop for showing slideshows to potential clients, and to take to weddings, but I quickly started using it as my main machine for processing photos and editing videos.

As we got busier the speed of the Powerbook was becoming a problem, so recently I decided it was time for an upgrade. I splurged a ton of cash on a new MacPro and a 23" widescreen cinema display, plus some new software - what a difference! Not only can I work a lot faster, but the incredible quality of the Apple display means I can see pictures in a lot more detail on the screen than ever before. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth every penny.

The Powerbook comes with me to every wedding, and I can usually be spotted at meal time backing up all the memory cards from the cameras. It also means you can have a quick preview of your pictures if you wish, or even put on a slideshow for your evening guests.

See I don't really hate computers ... not all the time anyway!

No comments: