Monday 18 June 2007

Samantha & Gavin

What's going on with the weather this year? Last weekend I was getting sunburn at Dundas Castle for Sam & Steve's wedding .... fast forward a week and it's 9 degrees, raining constantly, and just miserable, so it looks like Samantha & Gavin's wedding at Newport is going to be a soggy affair unfortunately. At least one thing is going my way - the traffic information board in Kinross was advertising 60 minute delays crossing the Forth Bridge, so I'm happy to be heading for Dundee!

St Mary's is a lovely little church situated on a hill and seems bigger on the inside than the outside. They don't get a lot of weddings so it's a big deal for them to be the venue for Samantha & Gavin, the warden and the minister couldn't have been more helpful, and there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere to the whole service. And ... it stopped raining! I haven't had a single wet wedding this year, and my luck held again.

After the wedding it was a short step across the Tay to the best hotel in Dundee - the Apex. I love the combination of contemporary design and friendly staff there, and the facilities are excellent. The meal was fabulous, my wife used to work in the meat industry so I have had more than my fair share of beef over the years, and this was as good as anything I've tasted. Kelly and her team did a great job of looking after us, and Bert Pozzi's band were on good form as always. According to Bert they've been playing together for 38 years, even longer than the Rolling Stones!

No comments: